It was a great “powder day” at Durango Mountain Resort. The kids have a four day to celebrate President’s Day weekend and the folks at Durango Mountain Resort hosted the 5th Annual Ski for Education day today. A portion of the proceeds of today went to benefit The Durango Foundation for Educational Excellence.
Photo credits to DurangoMountainResort.com
Now, although I still harbor resentment that our mountain isn’t named Purgatory anymore… I must say that I am incredibly impressed at how well the staff and surrounding businesses handled the incredible crowds…especially since many of the skiers today were school aged.
Some highlights of my ski day included:
- Being able to ski with my two sons.
- Enjoying the company of my son’s friend Zach. How’s your book coming along?
- Seeing more of my sons’ friends on the mountain…It was nice to see you Charlie and Devon.
- Enjoying the company of a friend. Thank you, Holly. Love ya’ hon!
- Enjoying a phone call with a colleague and friend over lunch.You made the $8.00 burger worth it…thanks!
- Seeing a former co-worker. Hi Jessica!
- Meeting and having a short conversation on the 6-pack lift with the Native American Center Director at Fort Lewis College.
- Meeting and giving a ride to an employee of DMR. We all enjoyed your company, Ky.
- Getting happy greetings and fantastic service all over the mountain! You guys ROCK!
If anyone wants to enjoy the friendly atmosphere and awesome snow this year…Come to Colorado…here’s some SPECIALS!